Taylor here! ‘Tis the season for engagements galore and all the gift-giving you can handle. And since these two often go hand-in-hand, we thought we’d help get your wheels turning. Here at SRE, we are suckers for anything homemade, hand-crafted and most importantly, local. Here are five of our favorites:
1) Hand-crafted ornament. In my book, there’s nothing more special than a Christmas ornament. My family still hangs up the same ornaments they’ve had since my parents were married 24 years ago! It’s a permanent memory and sure to be a Christmas favorite.
Rachel Walter at etsy.com
2) Personalized wine glasses. Everyone knows that we at SRE love a good monogram. A new bride would adore a pair of brand new wine glasses with her and her hubby’s new initials. BONUS: Get their wedding date engraved as well!
EngravingPro at etsy.com
3) Family name sign. I adore this gift. It is so thoughtful and will truly be cherished for years to come. A personalized family name sign will show your sweet friend how much you care and how excited you are for their new chapter.
Farm House Woodcraft at etsy.com
4) Personalized stationery. Handwritten notes never go out of style. Beautiful personalized stationery is the perfect gift for that new bride in your life. Now, if only you would help her write all those thank you notes…
Local find: Kyle Fine Stationery in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5) Sweet treats. Come on, who doesn’t love a delicious delivery at their front door? A box full of cupcakes or a personalized cake is the perfect way to congratulate the new couple. Not only is it a sweet gesture, it is something both the bride AND groom will completely appreciate.
Dreamcakes Bakery in Homewood, Alabama
Now that you’re in the holiday spirit, go forth and buy for the precious newlyweds and freshly engaged lovebirds in your life!
Have a happy Wednesday!