If you’re the type that enjoys planning ahead (like us!), or if you just got married and are fresh back from your honeymoon – this blog post is for you.
Even after the wedding is over and all the coordinating has come and gone, you still have a to-do list that must be done! Here are our top 10 things to do after your wedding:
1. Mail out thank you notes, ASAP! Trust us, just get this out of the way. If you procrastinate, it will never get done. Go get a venti espresso from Starbucks and knock out those notes!
2. Review all your vendors on places like theknot.com or weddingwire.com. Ask each vendor which platform they prefer!
3. Change your name! This low cost service offered by The Knot lets you change everything at once! AMAZING, right? (Click here to check it out + let us know how you like it!)
4. Freeze the top of your wedding cake for your 1st anniversary celebration. This is easy to do, and hopefully you can talk your mom or maid of honor into popping the cake in your freezer while you’re enjoying your honeymoon!
5. Get your gown clean and preserved. This is so important because you spent a lot of money on that beautiful dress and your future daughter might just want to wear it someday!
6. Make a day of it and head out to the mall to do your returns! You’ll most likely get some duplicate gifts, so go ahead and return or exchange them so you can check that off your list.
7. Speak to your accountant and figure out all the fun tax information (Spoiler: it’s not fun, but it must be done!)
8. Go to dinner with your parents. This might seem like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how busy you’ll be when you get into the groove of a new life! They paid for (or supported!) this wedding, so give them a call and grab a bite to eat.
9. Order all the gorgeous wedding photos and albums your heart desires!
10. Enjoy your first days, weeks and months as newlyweds! You’ll be figuring everything out and it will be a whole new way of life – but you’ll be doing it together. Congrats!
Now that you know what you need to get done, don’t put it off for one more second. Pull out a checklist, and get to work! You’ve got this.
Photo by Terri Smith Photo from Leah & Brian’s wedding