Here at SRE, we are getting ready to kick off our wedding season and we could not be more excited! Being based in Alabama, we have brides worried about the scorching summer heat due to set in soon. We are always coming up with creative ways to beat the heat and make every wedding comfortable, no matter what the temperature may be outside! Our friends over at Style Me Pretty shared a great blog filled with tips on how to creatively keep you and your guests cool at your spring/summer wedding and you know we just had to share with y’all! Here are our top 8 favorite tips:
1. Provide the parasols- These cute umbrellas make for some seriously adorable pictures and keep the sun off your guests during the ceremony or cocktail hour.
2. Lighter colors- Make sure to choose light colors (and fabrics) when picking out bridesmaids dresses! This will really save your girls from sweltering in that sweet southern heat.
3. Casual attire- On your invitations, stress that the wedding will be outdoors/susceptible to getting warm. Additionally, let your guests know to dress casually in order to stay comfortable.
4. Sunglasses for all- Provide sunglasses at the ceremony! This is a fun wedding favor for your guests to have as well.
5. Paper fans- Everyone loves a pretty paper fan, especially when it can cool them off. Get creative and add your program to the back of a fan!
6. Lots and lots of water- As much as everyone loves to enjoy a cocktail at a wedding, it’s important your guests (and you!) stay hydrated. Provide infused water with fruits of your choice!
7. Misting stations- This is a must-have for southern summer weddings. Not only will your guests appreciate it, it will help cut down the presence of bugs!
8. Ice cream- Cake is no longer the only way to go. Have a fun ice cream station! Birmingham brides, check out Steel City Pops! They’ll come bring popsicles straight to your reception and they are SO delicious.
Your spring or summer wedding will be amazing! Just follow these helpful tips and your guests will be blown away by your hospitality. Happy planning, friends!