My oh my how time flies! I realized last night that it has been three whole weeks since Shannon Reeves Events launched! DC and I both have such ownership in our work now, and things have changed so much since we moved from Pensacola four months ago…
- Waking up excited every morning because I’m doing the work that I love
- Watching DC do the work that he loves (and doing such a good job!)
- Meeting tons of new people in Tallahassee through Junior League, my husband’s work, and the very welcoming community of wedding vendors that live and work here
- Making fun new friends!
- Exploring this city as a professional married couple, which is a lot different than the 19 year-old college students we were when we lived here before! I remember when DC and I both had fake IDs and how nervous we were when we tried to order margaritas with them at Chilis. Chilis. Crazy rebel kids, we were.
- Our neighborhood. Honestly, never moving away!
- Our nightly glass of red wine
- Not keeping up with the Kardashians, or Meredith and Derek (please tell me they’re back together) or my favorite fab lady, Lisa Vanderpump. I miss all the time I used to have for my shows!
- Just as importantly, not having the time I used to have to check WhatKateWore.com. I must be behind on Kate’s outfit choices at least two months by now!
- Sometimes letting it get dark before I get a chance to take Huck on his long walk. The short ones just don’t do it for him.
- Not having as much time to plan and cook dinners for my husband. I really, really like putting nice dinners together, and this wife has been slacking.
- My solid group of tell-anything-to girlfriends living three hours away
- That everything is new, and that I don’t know everything about everything in my work and in my life. Perfectionist, perfectionist.
I’m confident that these things will work themselves out. I just know that I’ll learn to find a good balance between this work that I love and all the other things that make me happy. For now, I’ll concentrate on today, which I’m counting on to be pretty great. I have two meetings with two Tallahassee vendors that I couldn’t be more excited about, my brand new (virus free!) computer should arrive, I’ll be a busy bee working on my fun first event, and DC and I have dinner plans with a few of those new friends on the Loving list.
And I’ll find time to take Huck on his long walk, because I already promised him.
Have a good one, friends!
Tallahassee Vintage Map Sterling Silver Cuff Links via Etsy <—— Also great groomsmen gifts!Posted in Everyday Adventures